Aging is a natural process which nobody can avoid. In the course of life, skin and subcutaneous tissues loose elasticity, wrinkles occur and the subcutaneous fat layer gets thinner. The shape and expression of your face also changes. Do not be afraid of losing your youthful appearance, we can help you. Do not lose self-confidence and waste your time, consult us!
We perform facelift in various modifications. Beginning with a not very demanding mini facelift or dermal thread lift, and ending with a complete tightening of the whole face, temples and neck.
To gain a better effect, we can combine facelift with other procedures: correction of the upper and lower eyelids, suture of separated neck muscles, lipo injections, facial skin laser treatment etc.
BeforeFacelift - Project Change, Health and BeautyAfter
- We will explain to you the whole procedure step by step during the in-person consultation. We will take necessary photographs before the surgery.
- Facelift is performed under general anaesthesia and takes about 3 hours depending on its scope.
- To be able to tighten up the facial skin and subcutaneous tissue, the facial skin must be first released and pulled upwards and to the sides. The incision is made behind the hairline in the temple area, directed along the auricle downwards, then below the earlobe and behind the ear up to the hair.
- Depending on the scope of sagging, we will release different amount of tissue towards the centre of the face and on the neck. Then we will release, move and fix the subcutaneous tissue and fascia upward with special sutures. After which, we will remove the excessive skin and suture the wounds carefully.
- We put elastic compression dressing on the face and neck until the next day when the dressing is changed, drains are removed, and a special compression mask is put on the face.
Hospitalization usually takes about 1 to 2 days. The first follow-up is usually scheduled 7 to 10 days after the procedure. You must wear the elastic mask for 14 days after the procedure.
Swellings and hematomas may form in the postoperative period. To enhance the hematoma absorption, it is possible to use heparin-based cream, e.g. Heparoid or Lioton gel.
It is necessary to rest in the first two days after the surgery and avoid physical activities until the first follow-up.
You will be able to wash your hair and face only upon agreement with your surgeon.
Due to problem-free blood supply towards treated facial tissue it is necessary to reduce smoking before and after the surgery. We recommend using Wobenzym to enhance healing and disappearing of swellings.
Do not expose the scars to sunlight or sun-bed radiation for at least 6 months.
Possible risks of facelift
Same as any other surgery, facelift embodies risks which must be taken into account. They are general risks for surgeries under general anaesthesia (haemorrhage - hematoma, infection, pulmonary embolism, abnormal healing process, postoperative wound opening, keloid scar formation etc.), and also procedure-specific risks.
Possible risks related to facelift
- A subcutaneous hematoma - cumulation of clotted blood may form, requiring draining.
Other complications are very rare.
- A blood supply disorder may occur in the tissue and in extreme cases the tissue may partially die.
- Temporary paresis, i.e. palsies of nerves in facial muscles, have been reported.
- Another complication is a skin sensitivity disorder in auricle occurring as a result of interrupting a minor skin nerve. The chance of recovery is limited and therefore the condition is usually permanent.
- Permanent loss of hair may occur near the scars.
- For plastic facial surgeries, it is necessary to be aware of the option that keloid scars may form. The final appearance of scars is dependent on the quality of the healing process which depends on the individual and therefore cannot be anticipated as well as keloid scars prevented.
- If the result is not satisfactory, a corrective surgery may be performed.
Why choose us?
A top team of plastic surgeons
Our team consists of the best certified professionals. We have valuable experience and excellent references.
Thousands of successful procedures
Our surgeons have been in the business for more than 20 years. They have successfully performed thousands of operations and helped many patients.
State-of-the-art operating theatre
Our equipment and applied standards meet the strictest international standards. It is important for a successful surgery as well as for your safety after the procedure.
Do you consider a treatment?
What are the most frequent questions? You can ask us about anything. Don't feel ashamed, we are ready to help you.
Plan an appointment today. An experienced doctor will take care of you and you will learn many important facts.
Do you need advice? Contact us right now, we are at your disposal. We are ready to help you by formulating a question or scheduling an appointment with our doctors.