Skin tightening on thighs and arms
On the contrary, if arms look too plump, we can help you with liposuction and skin tightening at the same time. If the skin elasticity loss is only minor, we will only perform a very gentle liposuction with a thin cannula, which will reduce the volume and tighten up the skin while smoothing out spontaneously.
The biggest advantage is the obvious effect of the procedure which you can see and appreciate. It is noticeable and long-lasting.
- We will explain everything very carefully. We will take necessary photographs before the surgery and the surgeon will draw his approach directly on your skin. Do not be afraid to ask anything.
- The surgery will be performed under general anaesthesia. Arms and thighs are always treated separately.
- During the procedure, the excessive skin is removed from the inner side of your arms and thighs. At the same time, we will tighten up the skin and suture the wounds.
- Do not be afraid, scars are positioned to be as least visible as possible. On the arms, scars are located lengthwise on the inner side of elbow, directed to the armpit. On the thighs, scars are even less visible as they run from groins to below the buttocks.
- If necessary, and upon mutual agreement, we will perform liposuction of the treated area at the same time. Thanks to that, the effect of the procedure will be more apparent.
- The surgery takes 2 - 3.5 hours, depending on the scope of the procedure and treated area.
- After the procedure, mostly a one-day hospitalization is required.
- While you are still in the operating theatre, we will help you put the elastic postoperative compression underwear on, which you should proceed to wear as your surgeon instructs you, usually for several weeks.
The earliest you can take a shower will be two days after the surgery. Never take a hot shower but use lukewarm water instead. In the first days, it is advisable to disinfect the wounds always after a shower.
The first follow-up will be held one to two weeks after the surgery. Try to rest as much as possible until the first follow-up. Be careful and patient, you will see the final result of the surgery after several months.
You can resume sport activities after several weeks upon agreement with your surgeon. After a month you can sunbathe, however you should not expose the scars to UV radiation at least 6 months after the surgery. It is necessary to protect the scars by covering them with a sticking plaster or a high UV protection cream. Fresh scars tend to pigment easily and remain dark for a long time. The scars fade out and almost disappear within six to twelve months, however never completely. It is possible to improve the scar appearance by a special laser treatment, 2-3 months after the procedure at earliest. You can buy special products to treat wounds and scars at the reception.
Same as any other surgery, this surgery embodies risks which must be taken into account.
They are general risks for surgeries under general anaesthesia (haemorrhage - hematoma, infection, pulmonary embolism, abnormal healing process, postoperative wound opening, keloid scar formation etc.), and also procedure-specific risks.
Risks and complications related to skin tightening include:
Cumulation of a fluid or blood in subcutaneous layer, so-called seroma or hematoma, is the most frequent consequence if you fail to rest. The fluid usually absorbs spontaneously.
Particularly after a radical procedure, lymph may cumulate in the lymphatic vessels on the inner side of arms and thighs and it is necessary to suck it out.
In some cases, the wound edges may separate. If the wound opening is minor, the wound heals spontaneously. A larger wound opening requires new sutures.
Minor aesthetic defects may occur - for example minor differences in the shape of both sides, uneven skin surface in the treated area, temporary skin pigmentation changes - darker patches - most often after big bruising absorbs.
If the skin is too bruised with the cannula or there is a dramatic inflammation or infection, skin necrosis may occur. However, this complication is extremely rare. Temporarily or permanently reduced skin sensitivity above the treated area is another rare complication.
A corrective surgery must be necessary for some complications.
Why choose us?
A top team of plastic surgeons
Our team consists of the best certified professionals. We have valuable experience and excellent references.
Thousands of successful procedures
Our surgeons have been in the business for more than 20 years. They have successfully performed thousands of operations and helped many patients.
State-of-the-art operating theatre
Our equipment and applied standards meet the strictest international standards. It is important for a successful surgery as well as for your safety after the procedure.
Do you consider a treatment?
What are the most frequent questions? You can ask us about anything. Don't feel ashamed, we are ready to help you.
Plan an appointment today. An experienced doctor will take care of you and you will learn many important facts.
Do you need advice? Contact us right now, we are at your disposal. We are ready to help you by formulating a question or scheduling an appointment with our doctors.