The principle is very simple. After a well-performed liposuction, we get not only slimmer body parts but we also gather fat rich stem cells. This precious material can be effectively used to fill volume to body parts we wish to augment. The application of autologous fat to breasts will result in augmentation. Also, minor defects of breast shape and volume can be modified.
Liposuction is the first step to more beautiful body contours. It is a well-proven method of aesthetic medicine to form body contours in problem areas as hips, thighs and tummy. At the Body Clinic we perform tumescent liposuction.
The sucked-out fat is subsequently used to augment breast by lipografting, or fat transfer breast augmentation. During this gentle method of breast augmentation, fat harvested by liposuction is refined and all unwanted particles are removed. Pure fat is pumped into the breast tissue using a special, very thin cannula.
- The main advantage of the BodyChic procedure is its double effect. You can get a fuller bust and at the same time we will remove excessive fat from your problematic body parts.
- This method can also help you with small breast size difference, i.e. asymmetries.
- Contrary to classical silicone implant breast augmentation, fat transfer is a smaller burden for the body. Recovery from the procedure is basically much shorter and much less painful, there is no risk of potential complications as in the case of breast implants.
- Note, that the method is only suitable for breast augmentation by one cup-size; it is not possible to acquire larger breast volume with this method.
- Some fat transferred to the breast gets absorbed during the first year and therefore it is sometimes necessary to repeat the fat application after some time.
- The method cannot be performed in extremely thin patients, where it is impossible to harvest enough fat by liposuction to fill the breasts. It is also not suitable for patients who desire augmentation by more than one cup-size.
- During an in-person consultation, you will be informed about all options and details of the procedure. We specialize in breast surgeries of all kinds. Body Clinic's surgeons can help you on the highest professional level.
- The BodyChic combined procedure is performed under general anaesthesia and therefore a preoperative examination is a must for the procedure.
- Immediately before the surgery, your surgeon will take photographs, draw the treated areas on your skin and explain the method. Do not be afraid to ask anything.
- The first stage of the procedure includes liposuction of problematic body parts. We perform tumescent liposuction at the Body Clinic. It means that a special liposuction solution is pumped into the treated area making the fat harvesting more even and gentle. The liposuction usually takes about 1-2 hours, depending on the amount and scope of treated areas.
- The harvested fat is refined, and unwanted particles are removed. Pure fat is pumped into the breast tissue using a special very thin cannula. The fat transfer breast augmentation usually takes about 1-2 hours.
- After the procedure, mostly a one-day hospitalization is required. For preventive reasons, you will be given several doses of antibiotics and an injection to avoid embolism.
The areas treated with liposuction are compressed with special elastic liposuction underwear immediately after the combined procedure (liposuction and fat transfer breast augmentation). Elastic postoperative compression underwear must be worn 24 hours a day for several weeks.
A shower is possible 1 day after the procedure. Never take a hot shower but use lukewarm water instead as heat tends to increase swellings. We recommend resting, until the first follow-up in 1-2 weeks. Sport activities can be resumed after several weeks.
Be patient, the final result can be evaluated after 3-4 months. Protect the small skin incisions against UV radiation for at least six months. You can improve the appearance of scars in 2-3 months after the procedure with a laser treatment.
Possible risks of the BodyChic procedure
BodyChis is a surgery which, as any other surgery, embodies risks which must be taken into account. They are general risks for surgeries under general anaesthesia (haemorrhage - hematoma, infection, pulmonary embolism, abnormal healing process, postoperative wound opening, keloid scar formation etc.), and also procedure-specific risks.
Fat transfer breast augmentation - possible risks:
Fat transfer breast augmentation is a very safe method. Breasts are filled with the autologous fat tissue without using any foreign material or implants. Still, as any surgical procedure, fat transfer breast augmentation also embodies risks of infection, haemorrhage, damage to nerve fibre, muscles, and blood vessels. However, these complications are very rare.
Rarely, cysts, granulomas or abscesses can occur.
A possible effect of the autologous fat grafting on breast tumour formation has been a recently and frequently discussed theme in expert circles. Recent studies have practically proven the suspicion false.
The risks of complications in body parts where fat is harvested are the same as with common liposuction - see below.
Liposuction - possible risks
Same as any other surgery, liposuction embodies risks which must be taken into account. The most important risks include:
Small differences in size and shape in pair areas.
Unevenness of skin in treated area - the more radical (the more fat is removed), the bigger the risk is. Since the introduction of tumescence and small diameter cannulas, this risk has been reduced.
Risk of loose skin above the treated area increases with age, scope of the procedure, non-adequate postoperative care and failures to wear elastic underwear, and in case of bad skin elasticity.
Visible, hard scars after small skin incisions are another, less frequent, complication.
These scars are generally a result of a bad tissue healing capacity of an individual and cannot be anticipated. Scar appearance may be improved by a laser treatment.
Temporary skin pigmentation changes - darker spots, may appear, most often after big bruising absorbs.
Temporarily or permanently reduced skin sensitivity above the treated area is a rare complication. It occurs more often when large areas are treated close to the skin.
Fat embolism is a very rare, however possible, complication. It is a life-threatening situation. Bigger risks are reported during large procedures on large body areas. Since the introduction of thin cannulas, it is very unlikely for this to occur today.
If the skin is too bruised with the cannula or there is a dramatic inflammation or infection, skin necrosis may occur. However, it is also an extremely rare situation.
In literature, other rare, life-threatening complications are described, e.g. a gastrotestinal perforation at tummy liposuction in case of an undetected abdominal hernia.
As a result of liposuction, cellulitis in the treated area may become more apparent. This situation is not considered a complication, but an accompanying side effect based on the principle of the procedure.
A corrective surgery must be necessary for some complications.
Why choose us?
A top team of plastic surgeons
Our team consists of the best certified professionals. We have valuable experience and excellent references.
Thousands of successful procedures
Our surgeons have been in the business for more than 20 years. They have successfully performed thousands of operations and helped many patients.
State-of-the-art operating theatre
Our equipment and applied standards meet the strictest international standards. It is important for a successful surgery as well as for your safety after the procedure.
Do you consider a treatment?
What are the most frequent questions? You can ask us about anything. Don't feel ashamed, we are ready to help you.
Plan an appointment today. An experienced doctor will take care of you and you will learn many important facts.
Do you need advice? Contact us right now, we are at your disposal. We are ready to help you by formulating a question or scheduling an appointment with our doctors.